Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 7, 2012

Busy Times, Exciting Beginnings

Hi, Friends! Boy, have I got a LOT to tell you about!
Last week, I officially started my student teaching! I am in a wonderful school district with an amazing teacher. It's about 30 minutes away but thankfully there are two other girls placed there so we have been carpooling together. Having someone else to talk to definitely makes that early morning drive a little brighter.
I will be in first grade there for the rest of the semester. The kids in my class have completely stolen my heart. Seriously, you guys. I. AM. IN. LOVE. Yesterday one of my little buddies said "I knew our student teacher was going to be pretty." I melted!

I have already started taking on some responsibilities. Today and yesterday, I taught science. We are learning about plants. I brought in a potted plant and placed it on the back table in the classroom. The children are able to look at it with a magnifying glass during periods of free time. Today, we took apart bean seeds and looked at the insides. I wish I had pictures, but I forgot my camera at home. Boo. After that, we had sunflower and pumpkin seeds for a snack. Much to my shock, the kids absolutely loved them!

Thank you for being so patient with me as I rearrange things and set up new sections on my blog. I hope you'll continue to come back as everything grows and changes! . I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment